Looking for something? Try the following:

1. Visit Our New Tracking202 Support Center & Forum
  2. Read The Proper202 & Tracking202 FAQ
  3. Search This Old Forum
HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR
Post new topic Reply to topic Prosper202 Forum Index » Prosper202 Installing & Upgrading
T202Aaron
Website Twitter AIM

Post Posted: Jul 24th, 2009 at 11:06am Post subject: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

william5or
Website Skype GTalk MSN AIM

Post Posted: Aug 14th, 2009 at 11:54am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your help you really did great by sharing your results thanks,

William

seolinker
Website AIM

Post Posted: Sep 27th, 2009 at 8:29am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

The link not working, what should I do to install prosper 202 on hostgator ?

pipes

Post Posted: Oct 1st, 2009 at 9:51pm Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

Ok so this website is down now. Can anyone sahre the file they downloaded and the fix instructions. I would love to get this working.

clearscreen2

Post Posted: Oct 3rd, 2009 at 8:28am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

Search hostgator and prosper and the post you are looking for will come up on Bluelayer.

I just found it, and you need to do what is suggested.

REPHRASE

Search Bluelayer for "hostgator" and "prosper" and the post will be found.

unrealgecko
Website

Post Posted: Oct 8th, 2009 at 9:23am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

awesome! Thank you!

BillyMac856
Website Skype AIM

Post Posted: Dec 18th, 2009 at 10:17am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I just finished installing Prosper on my shared hosting acct. with HostGator and it installed perfectly and without incident, lol...

After reading all the problems that people were having with HostGator, I was nervous as hell.

There is a video on youtube that shows step-by-step literally taking you by the hand and showing every necessary step involved to get you set-up. It sounds like alot of people maybe aren't getting a dedicated domain to run prosper, I got an 0.89 cent .info domain at godaddy and between that video and the complete install package that the guys over at Blue Layer Media have put together, this is really fail safe now. As long as you follow the directions it will install perfectly.

You can find that video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0xyyQJuG2E

And the complete install package so you don't have to mess with modifying any of the files can be found here:

http://blog.bluelayermedia.com/prosper202-complete-install-package-blm-version.html

Hope this helps out anyone who's still having trouble,

And Thank You guys for making this kick ass tracking software.

Thanx Again,

BillyMac

plantacja

Post Posted: Jan 15th, 2010 at 4:23am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

Hey guys..

Can someone upload that modified config file + instructions? because bluelayermedia site is down..

thx in advance.

marcusalex

Post Posted: Jan 15th, 2010 at 10:32am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

The url needs to be updated.

I've found the new page at: http://www.bluelayermedia.com/prosper202-complete-install-package-hostgator-fix

cheers

sakana
Website AIM

Post Posted: Jan 15th, 2010 at 11:36pm Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

marcusalex wrote:
The url needs to be updated.

I've found the new page at: http://www.bluelayermedia.com/prosper202-complete-install-package-hostgator-fix

cheers

You Rock, marcusalex!

blakpaka

Post Posted: Jan 18th, 2010 at 11:32am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

I'm sorry I'm still having this issue and I tried the new package. I tried to create a new database and everything. Maybe my logins aren't correct I don't know should i just wipe everything out and try again?

Frustrating!

TyGTrack

Post Posted: Feb 15th, 2010 at 2:26pm Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

I followed what BillyMac suggested and I too got things up and running - thanks

parfaaait

Post Posted: Apr 9th, 2010 at 10:25am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm a massive noob here so bear with me. In step 3 of the youtube video that was posted, do I upload the program to the public_html folder or just the main folder? I tried both and it still isn't working. Whenever I go to mydomain.com it still just takes me to the hostgator place holder area...

wtf am I doing wrong?

t202nate

Post Posted: Apr 9th, 2010 at 10:31am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

When you buy a domain you need to host it. when hosting the domain you will have a folder on your server dedicated to that domain. You need to make sure that your prosper upload is uploaded to that folder.

If you not sure how to find or do this you can call your hosting provider and have them walk you through hosting a domain. And where ever they tell you to put the index.html file is where you will place the prosper upload.

If you have any problems with this you can ask me and i will walk you through this process.

mediarev

Post Posted: May 10th, 2010 at 8:23pm Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

Hi! I installed the fix of proper202 on my hostgator server. Everything works fine except that when i type in the url in the address bar, it keeps redirecting me to the Login (www.domainname.com/202-login.php).

How can i fix that?

vegaschris
Website AIM

Post Posted: May 23rd, 2010 at 8:59am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

So just to understand, I need to delete and REINSTALL prosper to my HG host?

aaronmac

Post Posted: May 25th, 2010 at 9:10am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

This worked like a charm. Make sure to create a new DB before you begin if you had an aborted install previously.

Go here:

http://www.bluelayermedia.com/installing-prosper202-on-hostgator

Download the functions-install.php file, and replace that in the /202-config directory. Re-install and it should work fine.

eftrac202

Post Posted: Jun 13th, 2010 at 12:37pm Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

aaronmac wrote:
This worked like a charm. Make sure to create a new DB before you begin if you had an aborted install previously.

Go here:

http://www.bluelayermedia.com/installing-prosper202-on-hostgator

Download the functions-install.php file, and replace that in the /202-config directory. Re-install and it should work fine.

This worked for me on Bluehost as well when I ran into the same error message there: "The 'partitioning' feature is disabled; you need MySQL built with '--with-partition' to have it working"

I simply erased the previous files uploaded via FTP, replaced them with a fresh set including the "functions-install.php" file I obtained from the above listed URL, deleted and recreated the database, and viola! It worked. My thanks to all the other posters on this forum for the suggestions to try.

johnmail76

Post Posted: Jun 22nd, 2010 at 10:01pm Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

I have install the bluelayermedia.com suggested prosper202 software and it is working perfectly, but the prosper is Prosper202 1.3.2 and prosper have launched new version of prosper202 1.5.1, do anyone have experience upgrade it?

Erikzapsa
Website AIM

Post Posted: Jun 23rd, 2010 at 3:39pm Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

Yeah guys the fix for the old versions does NOT work. It will get it to install but half of the functions are broke. Looking for a fix soon.

T202Wes
Website Email Twitter Facebook AIM

Post Posted: Jun 24th, 2010 at 4:27am Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

Erikzapsa
Website AIM

Post Posted: Jun 25th, 2010 at 12:05pm Post subject: Re: HOW TO INSTALL PROSPER202 ON HOSTGATOR Reply with quote

Wes, sorry I can't seem to download it. When i got to the link it downloads a "dl.php" can you help me get the updated files?