Looking for something? Try the following:

  1. Visit Our New Tracking202 Support Center & Forum
  2. Read The Proper202 & Tracking202 FAQ
  3. Search This Old Forum
Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action
Post new topic Reply to topic Prosper202 Forum Index » Prosper202 General Discussion
New Posts Search Forum
Author Message
clzmarketing


Joined: Aug 6th, 2008
Posts: 6

Post Posted: Aug 12th, 2008 at 3:24pm Post subject: Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action Reply with quote

I have an offer that I would like to track that allows me to place a form on my website and when the visitor clicks the submit button the information is transferred to the merchant using my clickbank URL.

The form element uses GET for the method and I tried using my landing page URL that was generated by Prosper202 as the form's action. But this didn't work (in fact it looks like it's trying to redirect to a completely different place).

I can add my clickbank tid to the form element as a hidden field, but I have no way of getting the unique tid assigned to each particular click.

How can I track my landing page that uses a form provided by the merchant and still be able to have accurate subids?

Back to top
T202Wes
Website Email Twitter Facebook AIM


Joined: Oct 20th, 2007
Posts: 4437

Post Posted: Aug 13th, 2008 at 12:26am Post subject: Re: Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action Reply with quote

clzmarketing wrote:
I have an offer that I would like to track that allows me to place a form on my website and when the visitor clicks the submit button the information is transferred to the merchant using my clickbank URL.

The form element uses GET for the method and I tried using my landing page URL that was generated by Prosper202 as the form's action. But this didn't work (in fact it looks like it's trying to redirect to a completely different place).

I can add my clickbank tid to the form element as a hidden field, but I have no way of getting the unique tid assigned to each particular click.

How can I track my landing page that uses a form provided by the merchant and still be able to have accurate subids?

You should be able to do this just fine. Are you placing the javascript code on the page? Is there any real reason to use the form though? are you just to pre-fill data on the offer page?

Back to top
clzmarketing


Joined: Aug 6th, 2008
Posts: 6

Post Posted: Aug 13th, 2008 at 9:37am Post subject: Re: Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action Reply with quote

I've got the javascript code on the page, but when I try to use the landing page URL as the form action it redirects to a completely different AFF Campaign that I've got setup, not sure why that's happening.

Yes, I'm using the form on my page so that I can send the user to step 2 of the process rather than having to enter their information on the merchants page.

Back to top
T202Wes
Website Email Twitter Facebook AIM


Joined: Oct 20th, 2007
Posts: 4437

Post Posted: Aug 13th, 2008 at 3:32pm Post subject: Re: Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action Reply with quote

clzmarketing wrote:
I've got the javascript code on the page, but when I try to use the landing page URL as the form action it redirects to a completely different AFF Campaign that I've got setup, not sure why that's happening.

Yes, I'm using the form on my page so that I can send the user to step 2 of the process rather than having to enter their information on the merchants page.

Does the affiliate campaign have the correct SUBID for each of it.

It's redirecting to a completly different campaign? Are you sure we have the right JS for the right landingpage to campaign, what happens if u generate a new landing page code to double check it?

If you want to forward them to step 2, we can just do a number link instead of a FORM submit, if we aren't passing any Extra Information, we might as well make it easier in a link, or a link as a button or something.

If you are trying to pass information as variables to the offer page through your affiliate link, but slamming in like the zip to carry through to the offer-page so they don't have to fill it out twice (if I'm getting you correctly) take a look at this: http://www.exosus.com/?p=26

Back to top
clzmarketing


Joined: Aug 6th, 2008
Posts: 6

Post Posted: Aug 13th, 2008 at 3:44pm Post subject: Re: Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action Reply with quote

I think that link you posted might work for me.

Here's my setup:

1. The merchant landing page has a form field, say ZIP Code. When the visitor enters a ZIP into this form field it sends the visitor to step 2 of the process. This form is sent using a GET request.

2. My Landing page has a replica of the form with the same field for the ZIP code. I am also using a GET request. The action attribute for this form is set to my affiliate URL that was generated from ClickBank.

I want to have the visitor land on my landing page, enter their ZIP into MY form and have it send the visitor to the second step in the merchant's process. Because my form has certain hidden fields, the merchant page knows to send the visitor to step 2 rather than display their own version of the form.

I'm going to look more closely at that link, but I think it solves this problem.

Back to top
T202Wes
Website Email Twitter Facebook AIM


Joined: Oct 20th, 2007
Posts: 4437

Post Posted: Aug 14th, 2008 at 3:41pm Post subject: Re: Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action Reply with quote

clzmarketing wrote:
I think that link you posted might work for me.

Here's my setup:

1. The merchant landing page has a form field, say ZIP Code. When the visitor enters a ZIP into this form field it sends the visitor to step 2 of the process. This form is sent using a GET request.

2. My Landing page has a replica of the form with the same field for the ZIP code. I am also using a GET request. The action attribute for this form is set to my affiliate URL that was generated from ClickBank.

I want to have the visitor land on my landing page, enter their ZIP into MY form and have it send the visitor to the second step in the merchant's process. Because my form has certain hidden fields, the merchant page knows to send the visitor to step 2 rather than display their own version of the form.

I'm going to look more closely at that link, but I think it solves this problem.

Yes, sounds correct, that tutorial should help you, sounds like you got the idea down now. Please let me know if you need any further help!

-Wes

Back to top
clzmarketing


Joined: Aug 6th, 2008
Posts: 6

Post Posted: Aug 14th, 2008 at 4:18pm Post subject: Re: Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action Reply with quote

Well it seems to be working, except that it's not passing the subid correctly, but I must have goofed the setup somewhere.

EDIT:

Found the problem, I was sending the subid to to Clickbank as "subid" rather than "tid".

Back to top
T202Wes
Website Email Twitter Facebook AIM


Joined: Oct 20th, 2007
Posts: 4437

Post Posted: Aug 14th, 2008 at 5:18pm Post subject: Re: Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action Reply with quote

awesome! good luck with your campaign! glad u got it working!

Back to top
clzmarketing


Joined: Aug 6th, 2008
Posts: 6

Post Posted: Aug 14th, 2008 at 5:22pm Post subject: Re: Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action Reply with quote

T202Wes wrote:
awesome! good luck with your campaign! glad u got it working!

Thanks for your help! Now I just need to figure out why I don't have any conversions/sales. :D

Back to top
mohd52


Joined: Jun 18th, 2008
Posts: 1

Post Posted: Aug 18th, 2008 at 4:31am Post subject: Re: Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action Reply with quote

Hi i am having the same problem with my action form

my form uses post to transfer data and i have many more variables to transfer.

when i submit the form through the affiliate link the variables get transferred correctly but when i use the p202 lp link the variables get lost.

And the pre-pop link doesn't help me out either.

Back to top
clzmarketing


Joined: Aug 6th, 2008
Posts: 6

Post Posted: Aug 18th, 2008 at 9:05am Post subject: Re: Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action Reply with quote

The problem with a POST request is that when the request hits the p202 link all of the posted values are lost upon the redirect to the affiliate merchant.

You'd need to find some way to re-post the form when the visitor hits the p202 link. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to have some page where you build a form and submit it using javascript.

Back to top
T202Wes
Website Email Twitter Facebook AIM


Joined: Oct 20th, 2007
Posts: 4437

Post Posted: Aug 18th, 2008 at 5:44pm Post subject: Re: Using the Prosper Landing Page URL as Form Action Reply with quote

clzmarketing wrote:
The problem with a POST request is that when the request hits the p202 link all of the posted values are lost upon the redirect to the affiliate merchant.

You'd need to find some way to re-post the form when the visitor hits the p202 link. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to have some page where you build a form and submit it using javascript.

Yeah its little werid so the best way is to POST THE variables, then COOKIE then in the users browser, send the link to t202, and then have it go back to you, where u pickup the cookies again and then redirect out to the affiliate url like shown in the pre-pop up script section by justin.

Quote:
Hi i am having the same problem with my action form

my form uses post to transfer data and i have many more variables to transfer.

when i submit the form through the affiliate link the variables get transferred correctly but when i use the p202 lp link the variables get lost.

And the pre-pop link doesn't help me out either.

Can you post a code-snippet of the stuff your working with now, are you cooking all the variables? We can make it work, can u get one variable working at first, like in the example, and then move onto the next.

Back to top
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1